April 13, 2008

Home Time

Last essay, last feature, last project, last presentation...done. An exam to go and my second year of university has come to an abrupt end. Where does the time go? Cliché --maybe, but looking back on this year I feel as if yesterday could be September. As quickly as the year went by I can’t help but feel this summer is long over due...

Regardless, packing is not fun. I sort of feel stupid at the amount of clothes I think is necessary to pack for my four month return to the West. However, vacuum bags and strategically rolled sweaters fill my suitcases and if all goes according to plan, I arrive in Vancouver around 8 this Wednesday night.

Summer 2008 is already highly anticipated. Days spent sipping bucks, driving top down while blasting tunes and lying on the mossy hill. Along with nights spent cheering at the Main, eating ice-cream while chatting at Rocky Point and endless 20th parties are expected. Hopefully working like crazy somewhere in-between the fun too –it’s all too exciting.

So, good-bye white washed apartment. Good-bye all night pre-drinks and the ladies that make them entertaining. And good-bye busy city…see you this fall, sun tanned, fresh and ready for round three.

No comments: