November 18, 2008

They'll Still Come Home

Burning Cars and breakfast keggers could become a distant memory. Queen's University has decided to cancel homecoming for the next two years. In what seems like their last attempt, university officials have decided to move the celebration from fall to...May? Homecoming, which was intended for the Universities alumni, has turned into a weekend long booze fest attracting students from all across the province. There’s a big football game and I’m sure that’s part of the draw. But, I’m also sure that the only sober people in attendance are the players, and even then, can we really be sure? This desperate attempt to quell the party doesn’t leave me with much confidence. I’ve been to the celebration. I’ve experienced the drama, hilarity and ridiculousness of it all. I don’t really think a little change of date will be enough to keep people from vomiting on Aberdeen St. The party will go on...I predict a riot!

No comments: