February 2, 2008


Happy Six More Weeks of FREAKIN Winter!


That’s right, Punxsutawney Phil the pride of Groundhogs everywhere, scurried out of his hole (cage) this morning down in Pennsylvania too see his stupid little shadow. And in case you don't already know what that means, save putting away the parkas and toques cause winter's here to stay.

For those of us living here in TO....yesterdays snow storm turned the city streets into a maze of puddles, valleys of slush and enough scattered salt to ruin every last inch of your new boots. Listening to the wind howl through the balcony's each night doesn't exactly make waking up any easier. I know Vancouver has seen its fair share of snow over the past weeks, but something about the picturesque mountain views and considerably warmer temperatures does not make me feel bad.

How long must we wait for the days of flip flops, BBQ's and no coat-check? The days where lying on hills, acquiring freckles and listening to country is considered more then acceptable. As I look out my window the mere thought of being able to take a casual stroll down the road or enjoy a drink patio side is enough to plunge me right into the winter blues. Perhaps February will breeze past rather un-noticed, and before we know it I'll be complaining about sweating through the heat. But until then a prediction of more winter to come leaves my optimism wounded.

1 comment:

Chelsee said...

O how I long for the days of no coat check!