February 2, 2008


You May Say That I'm A Dreamer...

It’s only fitting that I begin my blogging process with a tribute to a true legend, a peaceful visionary and 1/4th of my favourite band of all time --John Lennon.

Realistically I just love this photo and wanted an excuse to include it in here, but UK magazine
Uncut did recently compose a list of all time favourite Lennon songs, voted by a panel of famous musicians in the bizz. The list features everyone from Brian Wilson to Liam Gallagher, all weighing in on the Beatles best work. It has got me thinking about my personal Lennon fav.

It's no secret to those who know me that 'Hey Jude' is hands down not only my favourite Beatles tune, but my favourite song of all time. A McCartney/Lennon collaboration, it was written by McCartney for Lennon's son Julian.

But what’s the ultimate Lennon song? I could not begin to choose. His most internationally acclaimed record is obviously 'Imagine.' An anthem for peace worldwide, the song has become synonymous with his name. However it often overshadows other worthy mentions, including Jealous Guy, Working Class Hero and Love.


Regardless of your personal favourite, or lack there of, Lennon's iconic presence is not losing momentum anytime soon...and with that I leave you with a favourtie I can settle on.

"You are all geniuses and you are all beautiful. You don't need anyone to tell you who you are, you are what you are. So, get out there and get peace. Think peace, live peace and breathe peace. You'll get it as soon as you like."

-Lennon


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I continue to be amazed by his lryics. In addition to Imagine, I really like "let it be".
Sue

Anonymous said...

His lryics are even more inspiring now in light of world events. "Let it be" is also one of my favourites.