January 11, 2009

Its Business Time

The Vancouver ladies are sadly making their trek back west, meaning the week long weekend is over and life resumes normality too early tomorrow morning. However, as I'm currently watching the Golden Globes I've been reminded of the impending award show that really matters. The Oscars.

I can attribute my fascination to my parent’s annual Academy Awards party. From Cuba Gooding Jr's over the top acceptance speech too Gwyneth’s teary water works. From Angelina Jolie's incestual kiss to Bjork's swan dress, I can vividly remember ticking off my predictions in anticipation of the best movie of the year. While the cinematic campaigning has become a little out of control none of the magic of award season is lost on me. I have many dates with the movie theatre before I can really think about winners. That and the nomination list needs to come out. But, if my early predictions mean anything I’m rooting for Slumdog Millionaire.

Back to the Globes --congrats Heath and best of luck too Mr. Penn.

No comments: